Friday, June 21, 2019

Horror Fan Believed Fake Post on Blogger/Blogspot

 
 
     An Oregon man is making headlines today when he admitted on social media to believing a news article posted on a blogger blogspot page instead of an actual dot com.  Martin Rutherford, 26, told Horrorable News that he "thought it was real."  "I was just browsing through my feed when I saw the article.  I didn't think anything about it and I shared it in a horror group I'm in.  Next thing I know people are commenting about how I'm an idiot and a piece of shit.  Instead of just telling me it was a fake news article they decided to beat me down.  Not cool, man."
 
     The article in question was written by the notorious fake news site Horrorable News that falsely reported that an infamous no budget extreme horror film was being picked up for major distribution.  Martin, however, was not the only one to fall for the faux article.  Several others believed the article in question and even tagged the director himself congratulating him on the deal. 
 
     "Going forward I will pay closer attention to the source of the articles, as well as, checking the expiration date on the milk in the fridge.  I will not make those two mistakes again."  

No comments:

Post a Comment