Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Indie Horror Filmmaker Announces 'Groundbreaking' Movie Idea, Needs Your Help To Fund His New 'Friday the 13th' Fan Film


Falltown, Kentucky -

Indie horror filmmaker Ryan Fitz announced on social media this morning his groundbreaking horror idea, and he's asking for help from the horror community to get it done.

"I have been dry for new ideas lately after my last movie, Killer Clowns From Inner Space, and wanted to come up with something that no one had ever done before," said Fitz. "When I started thinking about all the great horror films there have been, the one that stands out the most to me is Jason and Friday the 13th. I am going to take it upon myself to add a new story to the mythology behind the Jason character!"

Fitz launched his Indiegogo campaign today as well, looking for funds to get his new project off the ground.

"All we need is roughly $42,000 to make this thing a reality," said Fitz in his campaign video. "I know that horror fans want something new and fresh, and I'm going to give it to them with this new film. Nobody has ever made a Jason fan film before that I've ever heard of, so I know this will get everyone really pumped."

When Horrorable News asked Fitz about the legalities behind what he was asking, and what he wanted to do, he scoffed at the idea there could be any repercussions.

"I know what you're thinking - I didn't get permission to do this, so I can't really make any money, but it's okay because see they're in litigation right now, so it's hard for anyone to sue me," said Fitz. "Plus, once the movie is done, we'll put it online for free so it's all okay in the eyes of the law. Yes, I'm going to sell posters, t-shirts, DVDs, and Blu-rays during the campaign, but I'm going to make sure we only break even, and every penny we make over that will get donated to some charity or something. Seriously, it's all good, I promise you."

You can search for Fitz's campaign on Indiegogo, and if you can't find it, then we suggest you donate to any of the other 6 Friday the 13th fan films that are currently in production, all slated for release this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment